Saturday, August 03, 2013

Missed the Elephant Ear Again!

I met up with my friend Stacey and her son, Logan, to attend the Riverfest in Niles.  I haven't had one in years and Stacey has wanted one since Independence Day when she missed her opportunity.  She ended up getting something called a walking taco.  I got a Philly steak sandwich.  *Shrugs shoulders* Next opportunity: the BCYF.


The three of us went down to the banks of the St. Joseph and two dragon boats race while we ate lunch. I was glad to see Logan was interested in the boats. You can even hear him say bye as the racers went by.
Upriver we saw the rafts that were going to be participating in the Anything that Floats race.  A couple years ago, I saw one that looked like the Mystery Machine from the Scooby-Doo, Where Are You cartoon. This year, I see one team has got the Flintstone's car.

No comments: