Sunday, August 09, 2009

On the Banks of the St. Joseph...


The Niles River Fest has been running for the last few days. I was planning to go yesterday to see the dragon boat races. See pictures and video of them here. Unfortunately it was raining (yay!) so I put it off 'till today. I planned to have lunch there but the place seemed deserted. The food vendors were sitting around. One was even taking a nap! And this was only 1:30pm. The whole situation weirded me out so I left after just a quick look through the stalls and the concert that was playing for a crowd of about fifty or sixty.

I'm not sure why there wasn't a great turnout. Maybe it's the last day and there isn't anything on the schedule worth seeing unlike earlier in the week. It could have been the heat: high 80's with opressive humidity. It was so hot I actually saw someone splashing around in the river. Yuck not to mention stupid. That river is deadlier than it looks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot this weekend was River Fest. Oh well, doesn't sound like I missed much.

TardisGirl

David said...

Nope. I suppose you didn't. The fair is coming up though!

ND vs MSU I'm Here for It!

  One of my coworkers offered to sell me her tickets for the Notre Dame vs. Michigan State game. Of course, I took her up on the offer! With...