Who wouldn't want to live in a tropical island paradise?

I got a call from my Aunt Lolita. This is my first mom’s elder sister. She’s considering buying a house back in San Fernando for ₱1.5 million. That’s about $36,000--about a 1/3 of the price of a decent house around where I live. Well… at least it used to be. It’ll be a while before she retires and I don’t know how willing her husband is to relocate there so I am a bit confused as to why she would want to buy a house although I guess you could say that it was an investment. She told me that I would be welcomed to stay there when I go back.

I’ve thought about the possibility of retiring to the Philippines and I think that my mom would like to do so. Considering how far you can stretch the dollar there, it’s not a bad idea. I think it’s a good one but I don’t think that I could do it myself. Sure, I love the Phils but I think that I would miss the United States too much. Still, home is where you hang your hat, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!