La Vita Nuova

One of my best friends, Erin, got married yesterday. She met her husband last August and after what must’ve been a whirlwind romance of titanic proportions, they decided to get married. It does seem really early, doesn’t it? But the more I think on it, I have come to the conclusion that it really isn’t up to me to judge someone else’s decision to get married. If you haven’t noticed, I’m a tad bitter that people have made judgments on whether I should marry but that’s a whole different post. Anyways, back to Erin. I want her to be happy and if Jason is the guy for her than it’s good enough for me because I will always support her. She’s got a good head on her shoulders and can handle practically anything thrown to her.

Isle runners are evil.
I should have taken more pictures but since I had a job to do at the ceremony, I didn’t think it would be appropriate for me. Then, at the reception, I didn’t feel like taking snap shots. There are couple that managed to find it to the blog for you.

Having a lighter can save the day.
The best part of this day—for me—was getting to see people whom I haven’t seen in a long time. Kraig and Stacey made their way from the left coast. Karl barely arrived intact from Detroit. Kevin—who’s been hiding around in Niles. Karen also arrived with the Brit boyfriend. Of course, I can’t forget Mandie and Ed who better be tying the knot themselves if they know what’s good for them. :-P

Cutting in line is justified when you see the cake is down to its last tier; apologies are not necessary when, in the end, there is cake left over.
For the most part, my personality has always been go-with-the-flow. But this one threw me off two times. The first was when Erin was called to sign the marriage license. The second time was when she and I went outside alone (which lasted about 15 seconds) and I realized that this was a new world and this was one lingering moment from the past. Yup, I think I got a little chocked up back there.

Asians are not bad people.

It was a great night and I wish nothing but the best for Jason and Erin and their new life together. Also--for all the other people that know them, forgive me now because I don't think I'm gonna get that last name down.

Comments

Sooo-this-is-me said…
Why David, look at you all dressed up, hmmmm quite the hottie! ;)
Kristel said…
I know what you mean about the whole signing of the marriage license during the ceremony. I was thrown for a loop at Bobbi's wedding when that happened. Glad to see that you enjoyed yourself and that had better not be a clip on tie XD
David said…
@Steven: You better believe it.

@Kris: It wasn't a clip on but it wasn't real either. I had more trouble with that fake tie than if they had just given me a real one. Seriously, are there that many men who can't tie a tie?
Anonymous said…
the pic with you and????
Anonymous said…
david i think you some it all up.
Stacey said…
hey! had so much fun with you at the wedding! It was a great day....also- did I look that drunk all night? geez :)
David said…
@Kraig and Stacey: I know that you have pictures to share. I'll have to remember to send you some copies that I have. I kinda want to have that one picture that Kaitlyn took of Carrie's boobs because she liked how they sparkled but I can see how such request might come off as a little creepy.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?