A Billboard that Actually Worked

Every year I try to resist picking up a new show to watch. I say it is because I watch too much TV in the first place but really, I just hate getting into shows that will end up being axed in a few months. The American Embassy comes immediately to mind. A couple months ago as I was puttering down 31*--because my car is a… you know. Anyways, I noticed the billboard about Eli Stone. It piqued my interest. A few days later I found out on abc.com that the show is available online for free viewing. I watched it and I was hooked.

The basic story is that Eli Stone is a hot shot lawyer who finds out he has an aneurysm which causes him to have visions. These visions seem prophetic and cryptic and they cause Stone to develop a lawyer with a heart. No really—it’s true. It is a feel good dramedy and a big plus is that it’s a law show that’s not mind numbing. The cast is great. Two of my favorites are Loretta Devine and Victor Garber. And Jonny Lee Miller—what the hell is going on in Angelina Jolie’s head?

After watching two episodes over the air, the season ends. Oh well, at least Brothers & Sisters is back.




*31 used to be US 31, then it changed to Business 31. Now it’s 933/133/11th Street. And you still wonder why I call it 31?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just a petition to show how much we enjoyed the first season of Eli Stone and would like to see more episodes. If you area fan of Eli Stone, please sign it today.

Every signature counts.

Thank you :)
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/save-eli-stone

~~
nice picture :)
interesting story.
Sooo-this-is-me said…
Ha ha ha! You total joker David, a lawyer with a heart. I mean prophetic visions we could believe maybe, but a lawyer with a heart? That show is just asking too much of it's viewers! ;P
john said…
It's a pretty good show. I haven't gotten to watch much television the last few weeks so I've got to catch up on-line.
Cardinal said…
Jonny Lee Miller is hawt!! It was on after LOST at the beginning of the year, so I caught some of it then. He's so cute.

And Victor Garbor, he's just rather handsome himself too. Mr. Bristow of the CIA and SD-6!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?