Completing a Dream from Months Ago

My ability to recall dreams is rather dismal. I rarely remember anything when I wake up. I made an effort to recall a dream that I had earlier this morning by writing it down as soon as I woke up. I didn’t get it all but I did get a lot. This dream was worth the effort because it connects with a dream that I had months ago (four?). In that dream, I remember only one thing: driving in a white wrecker with a bunch of screaming Brits hanging on for dear life. Yes, it is an odd thing for me to dream of. Anyways, on to the dream.

It began with me and two friends (let’s call them Michael and Jennifer) driving down a country road. I was driving recklessly fast, dodging potholes and road kill. A vehicle coming from the opposite direction forced me off the road and luckily we ended up safe. The car we were in, however, was dead. Since it was Halloween night, we decided that we would go trick or treating and worry about the car later.

Again it’s a country road so there aren’t that many houses but every now and then we would pass or would be passed by some groups of kids. Eventually we ended up traveling in a sort of ravine that was about seven feet deep but it led towards a big house. It was by no means a mansion. Rather, it looked like a farm house that had suffered major additions to it. Still, it was pretty dressed up for the occasion so we moseyed on up to check it out.

There was no one at the door but it clearly appeared that we are meant to go in. There was a bowl with no candy but there was a visitor’s register. We went in and after going through a couple of undecorated rooms we came to this main room where we saw the owner. He looked like he was in his late forties or early fifties and with a cross between a clean hippie and Judge Ito. He made a speech to us. I’ve forgotten what he but it felt like he was telling us that it was best for us to leave the house. He then disappeared in front of us. The three of us thought it was all part of the act.

The house wasn’t full of monsters. It was a maze—about five floors worth. Instead of going back the way we came we decide to go forward and are met with obstacles and seemingly deadly puzzles that were leading us up and down. We are started to get worried because unlike normal haunted houses, there was no clear path that we should be following to get out. Behind us stumbled in a group of Brits about our age (early twenties). They were snobbish and make it known that they were not impressed with this “haunted house.”

Michael, Jennifer, and I continue on and the Brits joined us. Soon enough the situation got dire. As we went on and were presented with different problems with multiple solutions, we started arguing as to where we should be going and what we needed to do to get there. Us Americans got sick of it and decide that we are going to go do our own thing and if the rest of them wanted to come along they were more than welcome to but we were not going to stick around and argue. So we broke up into different groups. Michael, Jennifer and I along with one or two of the Brits soldiered on.

As we continue, we heard screams. One time, we ran across a guy who was white faced. He claimed that people were disappearing. In a panic, he runs off. This “fun” house of horror turned into a real nightmare and we became determined to get the hell out. As time went on, we started collecting some more of the Brits who wandered off on their own. Eventually, we did find a way out.

Stepping out into the back yard, I spotted a white diesel wrecker about 200 yards away. I made a run for it with Michael, Jennifer, and the “survivors” close behind me. I got into the driver’s seat where I immediately checked the visor to see if there was an extra set of keys. (Has anyone ever seen an extra set of keys in a visor? –Yeah, neither have I.) The Brits demanded that we take them too and as I was about to drive off, I saw the owner in the distance raising hand at me like that knight did in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I turned back to the Brits who were hanging on in the back and said, “Hold on! I’ve never drove stick before!”

I stumbled awkwardly onto the road but was trying to go as fast as I could. I’m sure everyone thought it probably would have been safer if they were left behind.

Comments

Kapitano said…
Sounds like you dreamed a low-budget horror movie. Though not a British one - ours tend to be claustrophobic and use lots of prosthetics - so I don't know where the obnoxious Brits came from.

Anything to do with Michelle the former co-worker?
Sooo-this-is-me said…
Strange but the other night I dreamed I was driving recklessly and forced a car with three people off the road and one of them looked like..... okay I am totally lying. Glad to see I am not the only one with completely wacky dreams! ;)
David said…
@Kapitano: I can't recall ever seeing a British horror film. As for it having to do with Michelle and her movie, I don't see an obvious connection. If you haven't already, see my post on it.

@Steven: I swear Ontarians are the most pokiest drivers outside the United States so I wouldn't even have believed you if you didn't admit it. :-P

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?