Super Fat Tuesday

What's today? Depending on who you ask it could be Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras), Paczki Day, or Super Tuesday.

Today is Fat Tuesday but around these parts, we don't celebrate it like New Orleans or much of the rest of the country. Thanks to the large Polish population, today, locally, is Paczki Day. It's cool that we've got our own local thing going on, but Paczkis are over hyped in my opinion. To me, it's a stale, filled donut that you can buy only once a year and must eat before Ash Wednesday. Please. You can ask the donut shops around to save their filled donuts for a couple days and you can get the same thing any time of the year. I'm not saying they're completely bad, but I don't see what the big deal is. Of course, I don't see the big deal is with a lot of things like Dyngus Day which is also popular.

It's is also Super Tuesday where we've got I think twenty something states holding their primaries. Tonight could make or break some candidates. So if you are in one of those states, you still have time to vote if you wanna. If not, I completely understand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?