Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ND vs MSU I'm Here for It!
One of my coworkers offered to sell me her tickets for the Notre Dame vs. Michigan State game. Of course, I took her up on the offer! With...
-
A few obnoxious teens came into the store today that reminded me to tell the world: I hate popped collars. Seriously, I think that the guys ...
-
In every election I’ve voted in, polls in Michigan open at 7am and stay open until 8pm. I thought that I would go and vote when the polls o...
-
This post should make the majority of my friends happy. My allegiance to a political party is not defined by any one big issue. Long-term re...
2 comments:
I think you have lost weight.
Interesting, and surprising. Pronouncing Des Moines like the French, but Des Plains and Versailles straightforwardly like English words.
There is a place in America called Hauppauge, variously pronounced Hope-ARDJ, HOOP-aug and HOORpoordj.
In fact it's a Native American name (I forget the tribe), flitered through the first settlers who were French, then filtered again through English settlers.
And the result: HOP-og.
You're so kind. :0)
Post a Comment