The only "reality" I watch.

Hey Doc, you might not want to read further unless your planning to skip the upcoming season of The Amazing Race when it airs in down under.

The Amazing Race is pretty much the only reality show that I have any interest in watching. I did get involved with the Real World but that was only for Real World New Orleans. Other reality shows such as Survivor don't really hold my interest. Some such as The Bachelor and The Biggest Loser I actually detest. I think that with TAR, it really is about the traveling that captures my attention. You see, I would love to travel around the world. Perhaps ten times slower than they do on the show, though. Not to brag, but when compared to most other Americans, I'm pretty well traveled. I've me people who have never been outside of Michigan even though they live only 30 minutes from the border. Yet, I feel like I haven't seen enough--not nearly enough.

This year is shaping up to be a bore. The teams aren't that interesting in my opinion. The one team that caught my attention was Jennifer and Nathan. During the get-to-know-the-team segment, one of the first things Jennifer did was was bring up the fact that Nathan cheated on her. Who goes on national television and does that? I'd tell her to dump his cheating ass and I'd tell him to leave that f'ing bitch. So maybe they'll be the drama couple if they make it further into the season.

I'm placing my bets with Azaria & Hendeka or with Rachel & TK at this moment.

Comments

Sooo-this-is-me said…
The drama is the thing that keeps me 'from' watching TAR. I hate when they start fighting like a bunch of teen girls. OK gay people, the goth guy sets off my gaydar big time, I don't care if he says the woman is his girlfriend, I think he plays for our team.
John Provis said…
Thanks for the heads-up... and who knows, maybe they'll get around to letting us watch the new season some time this decade..?
David said…
@This-Is-Me: I'm willing to bet that the fights they do have are played up and that the couple generally hate each other but keep it to themselves.

@John P: If they did an Australian version of TAR, you should apply to be on it. I would think you'd start off with a competitive edge.
john said…
I would love to travel as well. One of my cousins always says we should join the Amazing Race because we are both pretty competitive.
Kristel said…
I'm tellin' you Dave, you and me, all the way. :)
David said…
^Oh no. What season are you on?

I know the BBC has restricts foreigners from viewing some of their webcasted shows, but go to www.cbs.com. Maybe you can see the current show there. Bonus: the episode should be posted by the time you wake up.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?