An August Sunday (with actual SUN)

Today was a great day. I don't know what it was because there were the little instances of crapiness like any normal day but it didn't get to me. I'm going to bed in a positive mood helped along by cold medicine. Yay! Today's post is hodgepodge.

The current job that I have has got to be one of the best ones I have ever had. Okay, maybe with the exception of working for MSU's Housing and Food Service. I usually don't blog about work but I just had to give them a nod. I have certain issues with them but they are not nearly as bad as the other places that I've worked and most of it stems from the fact that I'm a temporary worker (who works overtime). The company is expanding and is close to landing an account with a major pharmaceutical company. Word is that they may offer us temp workers full time status when that account starts up. The question is when that will be and will I still be working there when it happens? But it seems like a decent possibility.

Because of my job, I have been eyeing Apple for when I decide to buy a new computer. I've never had a Mac before and I admit that I am a little hesitant to make the jump from Windows. As if to demonstrate why I should make the switch, while I was at the Apple website looking at the new iMacs, my computer's Blue Screen of Death came up. Conspiracy? Hmmm.... The BSoD has been a rare occurrence with my laptop and I have been very happy with Windows XP but I have noticed that my computer is entering the last stages of its life. The stereo plug is jacked up. The monitor has to be propped up. It can't handle much more than the web surfing and playing music at one time. There's less than 7 gigs of space left. The touch pad no longer works neither does the A drive (but who uses floppies anymore anyways). And forget putting in newly released software. And well Apple's computers just look plain sexy. Bad reason I know.

Working on the weekends has very nice benefits. Not only am I being paid more, the work environment is quieter and less hectic. We're allowed to bring in our own music players. There aren't any assigned projects--just pick one and go. Plus, they have a tendency to feed you. Especially if Eric is there. I left today with more food than I came in with. I practically ate half a pizza from Papa John's and 5 Krispy Kreme donuts-- you know the sliders. Yum. And get this, when I see my Dad he says, "Are you putting on weight?" Fuck. I've got to head to the Y tomorrow because Mike also said, "...he's a lot thinner than you."

I very rarely download music. I prefer to rip from CDs or from streams such as YouTube and MySpace. I'm not big on sound quality as long as it is decent. But I do have a list of songs that I will bring up every couple months to see if I can track them down. Today I struck gold with the Cajun Playboy's "Dance de Mardi Gras." Brettcajun used it in one of his podcasts (his first one I think) and I've kept the tune in the back of my head for almost a year and half now. I've got eclectic tastes in music and I really like this track. When I first looked, even Napster and iTunes didn't have it. Now iTunes, at least, does so I gladly forked over 99¢ for a genuine track.

I discovered on YouTube a cache of episodes of The Mysterious Cities of Gold. Oh, if I only had the free time to sit through it all!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go for the MAC! I use them at work and they are such a nice machine. No little error messages, no blue screens, its easier to use when working on projects!!! I am a pc user but let me tell you if I had the money to blow I would def get a MAC

Season
GOD I LOVED THIS MYSTERIOUS CITIES OF GOLD!!!!
erm .. just read this again I meant THE Mysterious Cities of Gold ... You know the reason the haven't released it on DVD is, supposidly, because they destroyed the English audio by accident and now there's only French, Japanese and maybe Spanish left. Not sure about Spanish maybe I think there was a Spanish audio because they're flying and sailing around South America. ANyways, FABULOUS cartoon!
David said…
^There us a guy that works (or worked) at Michigan State University that I briefly traded emails with. I probably still have them buried in the history somewhere. He has the complete series and sells them. Since I was a student, he offered me copies on DVDs for $30. I didn't take him up on the offer as I was more interested in Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea and I was broke at the time. Well, still am actually. :-P
Minge said…
Get an iMac (I have one). They're fabulous.

The Mysterious Citis Of Gold was a favourite of my childhood. Shall we do some rĂ´le play?

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!