Which choice?

There are number of choices that I can go with to get where I want to be.

I still haven't received my LSAT score back. But it still might not be enough even if I did better than by best practice test. I just looked up MSU's stats and the average score of admitted students went up by ten points! So I may be waiting it out and try again next year.

While I wait, I may be going to work full time. I've got an interview with an insurance company for a sales/marketing position.

What I'd really like to do is go back to school but that would mean living completely off loans. The first choice is to go back for another BA. This time it would be Criminal Justice. MSU has a good school and I don't think that it would be too difficult reapplying to the college and then having my Poli Sci credits transfer. After political science, criminal justice seems to be the next area of interest for me.

I've also thought about applying to another university for graduate school such as Grand Valley State University or Western Michigan. I would try out for a MSW. But I'm not too sure of it. Right now, I'm leaning toward family law. It would certainly help if I do decide to concentrate on adoptions but then, what if I want to go into domestic partnerships and estates?

Depending on what score I receive back, I may and apply to Cooley and hope that I don't wash out the first year. Although they get bad mouthed all the time, I hear that they are actually very tough on their students.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good luck w/your LSAT score! I took the exam on the 11th too and have now succumbed to Googling anything relating to "June 2007 LSAT" in hopes of soothing my rather frazzled nerves. Which is, of course, how I randomly surfed onto your blog. Agh, I just want to know how I did NOW... I'm sure you can relate.

Anyway, based on the schools you're considering, I'm assuming that like me, you live in MI. Just make sure you look into the job placement statistics @ each law school you're considering- it would really suck to take on massive debt to attend and then not be able to find a law-related job, which appears to happen all too often these days thanks to the "lawyer glut" that everyone's always talking about. I've heard that Cooley is actually pretty tough despite its reputation as well, but from what I've heard about their job placement rate... well, just watch out.
David said…
Thanks for leaving a comment anon!

I'm actually the opposite. I've been avoiding anything having to deal with the LSAT until I get that email. Good luck with your score as well and if you are coming back, what schools are you looking at?

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?