Bring Back Old Nick


Minge recently had a post about the 1980's and asked his readers what they remembered. Japanesewhispers mentioned The Mysterious Cities of Gold. I got a little excited because I remembered that cartoon from my childhood too. But I immediately thought of Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea which ran back to back with Cities of Gold on Nickelodeon.

Basically it is about this civilization that exists at the center of the Earth. Their artificial sun is dying so they create Arkana to travel to the surface and find help. She picks up two children and a man named Spartakus and together they have to travel back through the various worlds to get back to the center of the Earth.

The show is French being called, Les Mondes Engloutis. I really wish that I could get my hand on the English copies. Unfortunately only the French made videos for sale.





I always thought that Arkana reminded me of my mother.

Comments

Moncrief Speaks said…
Would you be offended if I said that looks just dreadful?
David said…
What? Is it the earth tones? :-P

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?