Yes, Falwell is dead. Move on people.

I intended to make a blog post about Jerry Falwell soon after I first heard of the news reports about his death. Pure laziness is there reason why I didn’t. I have had a chance to read many other blogs and their take on news. I won’t make this long. Just enough to throw in my two cents.

I noticed was the willingness to celebrate his death. I didn’t like Falwell when he was alive and I certainly did not like what he preached. If he had is way, I and a whole host of others should be “eradicated.” But even with his toxic mouth and wide reach, I can not bring myself to piss on his grave. I have no desire to see this man “burn in hell.” While I may be willing to entertain some sort of cosmic justice for him, I would not damn him for his beliefs. I am content to let God be the judge of him and his imperfections.


h/t to Mr. Bugg which got me going on this particular post. BTW, congrats to him and Calvin for getting hitched. I love hearing about news like that.


UPDATE 17 May 2007:
I read that Fred Phelps and his followers are going to protest Falwell's funeral. What is it with Phelps? I'm thinking that he really needs a good poking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?