I know. I've been slacking.

Sorry for the lack of quality posting. --Not that they were ever of quality in the first place. :-P Things have picked up and I haven’t had the energy in trying to put out some posts. You all can forgive me, right?

Work has picked up naturally. Strangely enough, it hasn’t been as stressful as I thought it would be. In comparison to working at K-mart and Wal-mart, this has been a walk in the park. The juniors are doing a lot better but getting them to interact with customers is still difficult. One of them quit in the middle of last week and it threw the holiday schedule out of whack. So I have been picking up some of the slack. To hopefully fix the situation, there was an on the spot hire two days ago. The new guy has impressed me with how much he picked up in one day. Now, if I can only get him to speak.

The other night I went out for Justin’s birthday. It was a good time. Him, his wife, Erin and I went to Hana Yori’s for dinner. It was my first time going to the Japanese restaurant. I forget the name for it but it’s the kind where they cook the food right at your table and give you a show while doing it. The tricks were pretty neat but I was still expecting a little more show. Have you ever heard of yolk sauce? Blech. Still it was a good time. We got seated with a blitzed blonde and her boyfriend. Now she was a hoot.

After the dinner, we went for some bowling. Now, I can count the number of times I’ve been bowling on one hand. About half of those times, I was under 10. So, any guesses as to what I bowl? Aside from this particular night, the last time I bowled was up at State and I ended up with a 70 something if my memory serves me right. The goal this night was to pass 100. Ended up with my max score being 109. When I told my Dad, he looked at me like I was trying to bite my shoulder. Whatever, I’m proud of myself.

Every other year, we head down to Disney World for Christmas vacation. Mom and Dad own a timeshare down there for the week before Christmas. We aren’t going down there this year and apparently my parents don’t want to go down there next year so they want to rent it out. So if anyone wants it for 2007, email me. My guess is that they would ask for $400 or so for the week. 1 bedroom unit at Westgate Resorts on the southern edge of the WDW property on W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Parkway (US 192).

I’m joining the YMCA today. The indoor track and swimming pool call me away from the freezing St. Joe and the River Park trail.

A personnel company called for me while I was at work Friday. I’ll be making a return call and hopefully something interesting will come up. Cross your fingers for me.

I’ve started considering jobs within Chicago. I’ve always avoided the city because I figured that any job that I could get there wouldn’t pay enough for me to live there. But since nothing seems to be popping up around here, it can’t hurt to broaden the search area. Plus living in Chicago would be way too cool.

I’ve figured out my MP3 player. My happy dance lasted about 3 minutes.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dad and I were talking about this on our way home for break, he told me $600. He's also thinking about maybe using it for another slot somewhere in Europe... now 'that' would be spiffy.
Moncrief Speaks said…
I think a move to Chicago would suit you well. I hope you consider it/do it.
Unknown said…
Chicago! I'm pro-Chicago...
David said…
Well guys, cross your fingers. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?