Thursday, October 08, 2026

AI Helps Me With Memories

When I was a little boy, there was a movie that I watched. I only had a few memory fragments to go on. I've asked my dad about it it and he didn't know. I've talked about it with friends and they didn't know. I even search google and didn't come up with anything promising. What I had was this:

  • A father, mother, and their young boy is thrown into a water well by a gang.
  • This feels like a post apocalyptic scenario giving me Mad Max vibes.
  • The gang takes the daughter.
  • I remember hands gripping barbed wire until they bled.
  • I remember the father climbing out of the well and I assume the rest of the movies is about him finding his daughter.
Well I ran that through Chat GPT and it was able to find it---Cyborg. It is a Jean Claude Van Damme movie from 1989.


I want to see it but I'm not holding out hope that I'm gonna find it on any of the streaming services that I have.

Since that was a success I tried a new one:
  • It was an anime cartoon. It was similar to Robotech.
  • There was a dome on a character's hand.
  • The dome was important as if it was an energy source or a weapon.
It didn't seem like much to go on but it found it! Lensman from 1984. And yes, the Robotech ties are evident. Check it out at the 12:55 mark.



No comments:

AI Helps Me With Memories

When I was a little boy, there was a movie that I watched. I only had a few memory fragments to go on. I've asked my dad about it it and...