BSG's "Downloaded" *Spoilers*

I finally got around to watching Friday’s Battlestar Galactica. Since I was out that night, I DVR’d it. I must say… that episode kicked ass! Now that’s what I’m talking about! After being sorely disappointed time and time again since the Pegasus arc, I breathed a sigh of relief as the show finally returned to what it should be. So much happened in this episode, I don’t know where to start. So let’s start with the most notable.

It turns out that the Six from the mini-series survived. But get this—she has a Baltar inside her head! Isn’t that wild? It answers a few of my questions: 1.) What happened to six on Caprica? 2.) Is the Six in Baltar’s head the same Six that he fell in love with on Caprica? 3.) Are the copies of one particular model independent (in other words, are they their own separate being?) However, it also poses some new ones… 1.) Why does Caprica Boomer have memories from Galactica Boomer? And, 2.) How did the mind versions of Six and Baltar manifest themselves?

Story B dealt with the birth of Hera, the child of Caprica Boomer and Helo. I thought that they would have made an episode solely devoted to this event so I was surprised to see it receive so little air time. I think it serves to extend another plot arc well into the future. It will be interesting to see how that slowly unravels. Along with Story B, I came to realize just what a monster President Roslin can be. She has been getting dirty these past couple episodes and treading dangerously close to tyrant status. I wouldn’t vote fore her at this point. This is just another reason why I’m beginning to sympathize more with the Cylons rather than those who pretend they’re humane.

The formation of a Cylon resistance (I don’t know what else to call it yet) is also another surprising twist, although I saw it coming as soon as Six met up with Galactica Boomer. (Hmmm, I wonder if I should switch the Boomer designations.) Seeing that the human resistance is alive and kicking is also a nice touch.

Finally, a short 15 second clip announces… [drum roll] that the new Doctor Who seasons will be showing on Sci-Fi in March. Yahoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?