Fondue and Laughs

I had a great time last night at Fondue and the Funny Bone. Carrie and her friend Stacy decided to celebrate their birthdays together by going out to a dinner at Fondue with Fondue serving, of course, fondue. Also in the group was Erin, Carrie’s husband, Justin, Stacy’s boyfriend, Craig, and myself. I knew Craig from high school and it was great catching up with him on some of our old classmates. His brother was in my class while he was in the year behind but because our high school classes were so small, we knew each other’s class pretty well.

Eating fondue was a fun experience. I’ve never done it, and it looked like none of the others had either. It turned out to be a good dinner as well as great entertainment. Double dippin’, loosing pieces, fishing them out, finding out they weren’t cooked all the way. It was great and I recommend trying it if you never have done it before. One of the things that we discovered is that fondue eating is a multi-hour experience. We could have been there for over three hours and probably would have if we didn’t have to make it to the Funny Bone comedy club by 10.

Unfortunately, Craig had other plans with Stacy and they had to leave in the middle of our meal, thus they also weren’t going with us to the comedy club. Instead, we were joined by another couple—Justin (#2) and Kelly. I never heard of any of the comedians that performed. One was from Mad TV, I hear. In my opinion, he was the better one. But the featured performer was decent and I enjoyed his song parodies.

After my little downer moments these past few months, I feel refreshed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?