Sci-Fi Friday!

It’s back! All new episodes of Stargate: SG-1, Stargate: Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica are finally here. So what did I think? I warn you, I have spoilers.

SG-1’s episode was a little quick in its transition. Everything seemed to crash back down to normal without any real action. I did like how they were able to take down one of those priors. Throughout the first half of this season, I have taken a negative view over the “let’s hope they don’t come to our world” take. We had SG-1 going around the galaxy warning the different planets not to go along with the Ori. I can imagine the earthlings stopping by saying, “Don’t believe the Ori, even though you’re going to die if you follow our advice.” So finally developing some offensive solution is a welcome turn of events.

Atlantis, to me, seemed like a regular episode. The events of part one didn’t really seem to matter in this one. The bit with the spy was predictable. I spotted it as soon as when the team was captured for the second time. One thing that I am hoping to see into the season is to see a little more about the Daedalus crew. Even though they are not full cast members, I do like how they manage to keep most of their regular guest stars. Has anyone noticed they made the actor that plays Dr. Beckett full time now? Good things.

Now we come to the meat: Battlestar Galactica. I have been waiting in agony to see how the Pegasus question was resolved. It wasn’t! One of the things about this episode that I found disturbing is how direct it is. Kill him. Kill her. While I supposed it is the intent to show how the humans are self destructive—basically animals, I thought that they could have continued on that line of thought as they always had.

The President seems to have taken a turn for the worse. I have no doubt that some miracle will happen and she will be saved but how that will happen, I am looking forward to finding out. It doesn’t seem to serve a big purpose other than to compel Commander Adama into killing Admiral Cain.

Oh and my question as to why the Pegasus didn’t have civilians with her was answered, even though I had a feeling of it when I saw that aeronautical engineer. I just didn’t realize that she would be so cruel.

Of course I think that the Pegasus is going to be destroyed, but I wonder if Moore and the others will allow the Galactica to pick up some of the bits and pieces left over much like what happened in the original series. Galactica needs some viper pilots and Pegasus has ‘em. I’m not saying that I hate the Mark II vipers, however.

If you haven’t been watching these shows, you’ve got to give them a shot. If anything, at least watch Galactica a couple of times. You won’t regret it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?