My New Year’s Resolution

I haven’t done a resolution since eight grade where I resolved to loose weight. Ha ha, what was I trippin’ on? This year, though, I will be making one. This year, I resolve to withdraw my business with Wal-Mart.

I won’t go into the details about why I’ve come to this decision. What I will say is that through a series of circumstances of being screwed, I can not support that store. In Wal-Mart’s training program there is a part where Sam Walton says that it costs the company more money to attract a new shopper than it takes to keep one. Well they didn’t keep me.

I will now be heading for Meijer. Meijer, the local equivalent of Wal-Mart, is a regional chain. The only drawbacks to in comparison to Wal-Mart are a lack in variety and name brand products. Also, Meijer tends to be a little more expensive (but we’re talking cents here, not dollars.) Knowing that my money is staying within the region and helping out a competitor to Wal-Mart is my way of sticking it back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?