Look! A Weather Topic.

I woke up this morning to fresh snow on the ground. My hopes that we would be able to skip church this morning were dashed by Dad. I told him that we shouldn't go because the roads were dangerous-- an exaggeration at the time. However, the snow fall got really heavy while we were at church. On our way back home, we saw that a car had spun off the road near Dayton Lake. There was also another accident site that we didn't directly see, but by watching another cop speed off down the road, we could tell something had happened.

The whole situation reminded me of an incident that Mom and I got in quite a few years back. We were driving along US 12 towards Niles. We spun off the road near the landfill, just before 12 splits off to become a divided highway. Mom hit a patch of ice and we 360'd, ending up on the opposite side of the road, in the ditch, and facing the opposing traffic. I knew, as soon as Mom hit the ice, that we were going to crash. Surprisngly, I took it quite well. I just held on and enjoyed the scenery spinning by until we were leaning at a 45 degree angle in the ditch. The car following us stopped, as well did the first car that was approaching us from Niles. By good fortune, the car coming from Niles was driven by my friends, Kevin Critzer and Chris Lauer. I kind of rudely dismissed the fellow who was behind us that asked if we were okay. I feel bad about that now. But Kevin pulled out my mother who had to climb out the passenger side to get out. They dropped us off in Buchanan where we could get help. It wasn't until late that night until we got the van out.

As we drove by that car today, I wondered who was in the car and how did he or she get help. Did anyone stop to help? My Mom and I were fortunate that one day when my friends just happened to be driving near us when control was lost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?