A Full Day at the Office

It was a top-notch day at the office. I ended up staying from 9-5 just like a real worker. If work was like this, I don't think I would quite mind.

I got to the office at the usually time-- just a few minutes before nine. Sometimes Chris is already there, sometimes not. If not, then occasionally, a sergeant lets me in. So I went in and found out that Rep. Nitz didn't entirely like one of my letters that I was going to send to one of his constituents. This particular constituent was worried about farm land disappearing and whether he should invest in property. I had told him what I could remember about the Land Division Act but I guess that wasn't enough. I didn't want to research through the law to find out what he needed so Chris just recommended that I print out the entire law and let him worry about it. Good idea! So it was done. I wrapped up that one letter, and some others.

Before lunch, Derek took me to the Capitol again. There we listened to three representatives who were leaving due to term limits. My impression of these speeches was that they were overly sentimental and self-sentimental. Of course, if I was in their positions I would want to make a speech as well, but I don't think that I would take it to that kind of level. That's what a blog is for! Neal got up and recognized me and I stood up and waved back down at him. It was an honor to have my name mentioned on the House floor.

Derek took Chris and I out to lunch at this bar/pub called Kelly's. I think that this is a place where he and his buddies hang out. His two associates David J. And Brent V. Were there having there as well. Chris mentioned that Derek should just automatically have half of his paycheck deposited into that establishment.

When we got back to the office, Chris had me write out a tribute for a county commissioner. I got all the info and tried to inflate the tribute a little bit. I still don't think that it was good enough. I looked it over when it was printed and so did Chris. It looked fine enough and I was sent to the House, where they were still in session, and had it signed. Because I was am not allowed on the floor, I had to have a sergeant deliver it to Neal. Neal then took it over to Rep. LaSata (who represents northern Berrien County) for him to sign. When he gave it back to me, he told me to take it over to the Senate and have Sen. Jelenik sign it. Again, I had to have one of the sergeants take it in. I got it back. When I got back to the office, I had to call a page over so that it could be delivered to the Governor's office.

For the rest of the afternoon until 5, I went through most of the papers and packed up some of my stuff. As I was about to leave, Derek asked me how I liked a full day of work. To be honest it was the best I had. It was definitely better than yesterday. He also asked me if I wanted to go grab a beer. As tempting as it sounded, I just wanted to go home. It was getting dark and I have to start preparing for my parents to by. I thanked him for lunch and I headed out. The sun had set for the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?