Tiramisu

Housing and Food Service and the Office of Study Abroad got together to put on foreign themed dinners. It started yesterday and will end tomorrow. Phillips did Italian yesterday, Middle Eastern today, and will do Spanish tomorrow.

So last night they served tiramisu as the main Italian desert. I was excited. I have always liked tiramisu. I first had it during one of my birthday dinners at Olive Garden a long time ago. When my family goes out, it is a great rarity that my parents will buy desert. But this particular time they did, and really liked it. The thing was cool and creamy and moist. The coffee added a nice kick of flavor.

While I was in the Philippines for study abroad, there was a small restaurant tucked way back in a residential district. It was one of those places that people would only know through word of mouth. Anyways, once I found out that this restaurant existed, I found some comforts of home there. One of the things they had there was tiramisu.

Yesterday, I made sure to eat my fill of the cake. It may be a while before I get to eat this stuff again. Then today, there was two pieces left when I took my lunch at Abbott. How lucky I was to have the last two pieces! Then this evening, I found out that Phillips had even more. So it was tiramisu for dinner again. I am stuffed! Stuffed with tiramisu!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?