Oops!

I will never miss a moment to embarrass myself. This morning, when I got into work, I saw that the new computers were installed. I turned my on and there were slight differences on the bootup. An icon that looked like a stop light was blinking. An early windows alert that popped up during the bootup said that my virus definitions were not up to date. I thought that this might be another security alert. So I clicked on it. Nothing happened.

Chris got a call and I thought nothing of it. He then passed the call on to me. It was the desk sergeant. Apparently, the stoplight icon was a sort of "panic button." They were put on alert and called up asking if we were having some sort of problem. So admitted that I pushed the button without knowing what it was. I apologized with my face probably looking beet red. I'm still nervous as that icon lies right next to the "Start" button.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?