Door to Door

A few days ago (Thursday), I went with my supervisor, Derek, on a door to door campaign. Rep. DeRossette's term ends in January. Because he is term limited, a man named Joe Yekulis is running for his seat. So six us from the House Office Building went and campaigned for him in some neighborhoods outside Ann Arbor.

I am hesitant to get into people's faces and solicit them for anything, much less votes. Not only that, what would I do if someone started asking "intelligent" questions. Who is Joe Yekulis? What is his position on this or that? What is his opponents platform? These are questions that I wouldn't know. But it turned out to be relatively painless. I only got rebuffed twice. Save for four households, no one was home. But I'm not surprised because this was a high middle-class neighborhood. They would need to work as much as possible to keep these houses I'm sure.

I think that being able to talk a little with my supervisor was great. We got done with our section early so we got to talk for a little bit. One thing in particular stood out: I figured that perhaps I can really get a job with just my bachelors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?