I Want to Buy a Car--With these Gas Prices?!

Gas broke the $5.00 mark in my hometown. The local Shell station has it at $5.25/gal. My friend texted me that when he filled up the van he was driving, it was $100 even with his tribal discount that receives. Quick head math leads me to dread when my little Ford Fiesta is going to cost me $50 just to fill up. I'm glad that I bought that car when we were going through our last gasoline crisis.

Patty (yes, I named my car) is getting up there in age and I've been thinking about getting a new car. Some other recent financial setbacks has made me put off that. The Toyota Corolla Cross has been on my mind for almost a year now. About a week ago, I saw a press release that they will be debuting a hybrid version later this year. There isn't any details like pricing or how many mpgs this is expected to get. I've heard 38 mpgs to low 40s. I will keep an eye on this.

In the mean time, I may start biking to work. I've done it a few times and it is stressful biking through the west side of South Bend because I'm biking on the streets with cars. These gas prices are sure helping push me onto them, though!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?