Not Strange. Familiar.

It has been almost two years since I learned that Paramount+ was developing a new Star Trek series. The time has finally come!

Ever since Star Trek: Enterprise premiered, I have made a conscious effort to enjoy the various spin offs and movies on their own. I get tripped up every now and then, though, and get irritated for not following correctly from established Star Trek lore.

Star Trek Discovery has not been received well by a lot of people, including the closest trekkies in my life. I see their point. I don't enjoy it as much as previous spin offs but I still enjoy it. Actually, I enjoy it more than Picard which tends to bore me.

Aside from the wokeness that my friends complain about, my issue with Discovery has been this thread of depression that weaves through it. The stakes are so dire and the emotions are laid on thick. 

For a season of Star Trek Discovery, they brought back the Enterprise NCC-1701 and its captain, Christopher Pike. TOS characters Number One and Spock were also featured. I thought that it would be an excellent idea to do a series with them. Forget the "prequels" of Star Trek Enterprise and Star Trek Discovery. That was the prequel I wanted to see. Apparently, I wasn't the only one to think so. To my immense delight, in May 2020, I learned that this series would go into development.

Star Trek Strange New Worlds, I hope, will bring back some of the old charm and optimism that I felt with The Original Series and the Next Generation. We're looking good from what I've seen!

 

Comments

JM said…
Never got into Star Wars or Star Trek. Although many of my friends have. I just sit there silently during those discussions.
David said…
Next time you see them, put up your and like this: 🖖 and say "May the force be with you."

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?