Abortion, Cake, and a Roof

I was a little too heated to write about my reaction to the SCOTUS leak that Politico published. The published draft of the majority opinion that would overturn Roe v. Wade and remove the federal protection granting the right to abortion. It's not surprising and we knew where this was headed with Trump's justices. Still it is shocking and deeply disappointing. 

What is still making me angry are conservatives making hay over the leak of the opinion. Really? That's what's important? Not the overturning of Supreme Court precedent that expanded the rights of women? Democrats better take this issue and beat the drum into the next elections.

*  *  *

I went all the way to Chicago for a cake. Yup. A cake. Mother's Day is coming up and I wanted to get my mom a mango cake that is made at a Filipino chain bakery called Red Ribbon. From her facebook post... looks like it was a smashing success.

*  *  *

I've sent out signed paperwork to start the roof repairs. So now I've got to wait until I'm put on the schedule and that should be a week or two from what I've been told. I've also secured an extension of an existing loan that I have with my credit union. Based on the estimates, I will be able to get this paid and financed without too much trouble.

There is one thing that I still need to tie up and that is getting rid of the threat from the tree that still hangs over my house. I'm not willing to leave it up to chance anymore. All of it or at least the overhanging bit is coming down. However, I'm running into a problem where I've got three places that have still not returned my call. It feels like I've been blacklisted or something.

Comments

JM said…
My parents love anything Red Ribbon!! Their ube cake is delicious!!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?