Disney World! Day 1 Arrival

Earlier this past fall, I started planning on going to Disney World. It had been a number of years since I last had a proper vacation and there were a number of new things that had opened since. It was also a good time because there were a number of things going away. I mentioned this to my sister and it turned out it was a good time for her and her fiance, Mike to go as well. So we decided to go together.

Since Kris and Mike live near Detroit, we flew out of there to Orlando.
Arrival at MCO
We arrived to the All Star Music resort mid-afternoon. After stowing our stuff, we headed out to Animal Kingdom. The last time I was there, Expedition Everest was in construction. I was really looking forward to getting on that and seeing Pandora - The World of Avatar.

Pandora at Night
Pandora was fantastic. Kris managed to score some fast passes for Flight of Passage, the E-ticket ride for the land. While the ride wasn't technically impressive to me, the flying around Pandora was. The sights and smells were awesome. You almost regret having to come back to this boring planet.
On the Na'vi River Journey
Unfortunately it wasn't a full day but it was packed with new experiences.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?