Phew!

Just before leaving for work, I got a text message from one of my coworkers.  Getting messages from him is unusual so I went ahead and opened it and he was asking me if I was at home and if I lived in a certain area.  I figured something was up immediately.  Who opens a conversation with something other than, "sup?"  I figured that there was an apartment fire at my complex but the details were sketchy. I started shutting down my work station and I got another text message from my friend Season, then a call from my sister, then another text from my friend Erin.

I was able to make it home and I found out that it was a building across the street from me that caught on fire.  I joined the crowd for a bit.  You can't see the building here because of its position and the smoke... and my camera sucks but if you were there, you had a pretty good view of what was going on.

From what I've gathered, someone was cooking dinner and a grease fire started and spread.  The entire building went up affecting some 35 residents.  Firefighters from here and the surrounding communities all showed up, shutting down the main road going by.

I'm not sure how my complex is going to react yet.  I'm not expecting my rent to stay the same when my lease is up for renewal though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?