Back to work (for a few more days)!

Yay for another short work week!

I hope that y’all had a good Christmas. I certainly did. So time to catch up with some shorts.

I saw three movies over the holidays. Yogi Bear was alright even though it got nasty reviews. I didn’t like Little Fockers because those little Fockers are barely featured in the film. Tron: Legacy, was for me, way better than the first which I have yet to sit all the way through—still, it’s one of those movies that I could have waited until it was available to rent.

I tagged along with my parents and sister and went up north to my uncle’s church for the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service. My aunt and father didn’t like the service that much. I suspect that it was because the liturgy was a bit different. My sister and I were kept amused by other church members. I think we’re too snarky to go to church anymore. That and maybe a good dose of ADHD.

After church, Dad directed us out the middle of nowhere to find this large display of Christmas lights and decorations. Apparently, Dad wasn’t the only person that knew about this place as a number of other people stopped to see it too. I’d like to have seen the owner’s meter and know how fast that was spinning around.

I spent nearly all of Christmas Day at my parents’ house. I got some nice slippers so now I don’t have to walk on the cold floor in the morning (‘cuz I turn the heat off at night). Also, I got some nice new State t-shirts to replace the ones that are beginning to deteriorate. Geeze… have I been out that long?! Oh, and I gave a shot to trying to convince my grandmother that mice were the most intelligent creatures on the planet.

Now it’s time to play catch-up at work. One of my co-workers has left so some of his job responsibilities are now going to be put on me. To be totally honest, I welcome it because 1.) I get to let go of something that I do and 2.) What I am getting is going to make my end-of-month periods fly by.

I haven’t decided if I want to go to a particular party for New Years. It sounds great but I’m not sure if I want to be stuck there for 6 hours. And if I have to pay to get in, I’m gonna be there for the dinner portion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?