I Hate it But… Like it?

I’ve just finished up the movie Hamlet. It’s the fourth time I’ve seen it and what I like about it is that every time I do, I gain some new insight. I catch an inflection or a phrase that has a deeper meaning. I can make a connection from one scene to another. It’s great… except that I hate Shakespeare.

Reading Shakespeare and even watching it live or on screen is torture! If I was watching it done in Spanish, I’d probably enjoy it more. I think the reason why I hate it is because I can understand half of it and other half leaves me all confused. It’s the most frustrating foreign language (it might as well be classed as that) I can try to work through.

It’s still awesome, though, when you make those mini-revelations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!