Trying to Guarantee Genetic Survival or HOLY SHIT, YOU HAVE HOW MANY?!

You know those personal/professional exercises that are supposed to get you to open up to your peers? Like fostering trust by having a person fall backwards into the arms of some other people? Well I had to go through that today but it was one of those, “so tell us a little about yourself” deals.

Now there’s a lot I’m willing to talk about if someone asks, but there are things that I probably would never admit. One of them is if I had 31 brothers and sisters. Yes, someone shared that and my jaw, like everyone else’s, hit the floor. The lady said that her father did not discriminate when it came to women. No doubt there.

Forget that Arkansas family, I would have probably watched a couple of episodes of this jagoff trying to provide for his kids. –‘Cause you know he can’t! Seriously, there are people in this world that really make me wonder why we can’t sterilize people first and then reverse the procedure when they pass some kind of test showing that they are capable of parenting.

Comments

Laurie said…
I had a girl tell me a couple years ago that she didn't want to date anyone ever. When I asked why she said that she told me that her dad has 24 kids and those are just the ones that they know about. Fun times!
Kapitano said…
there are people in this world that really make me wonder why we can’t sterilize people first and then reverse the procedure when the pass some kind of test showing that they are capable of parenting.

It's a interesting idea, but ISTM the only way to get good at parenting is to mess it up a few times first.

Which might mean child number 32 gets the best upbringing ever.

Not that octomom seems to get better with each child.
David said…
@Laurie: I wouldn't know how to respond to her because, "at least you're making up for his excesses," sounds a bit rude.

@Kapitano: Yeah child #32 is getting the best upbringing welfare system can provide. And no need to wonder how great that is! *rolls eyes.

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!