In the Barn of History

Many of us locals are guilty of bad mouthing the fair as being a lame event. Yet year after year we go! We all go. There has never been an instance where I have walked the grounds and not run into (or avoided) someone I know and I’m sure that is the case for most people who go there as well. Personally, I think it’s an amazing thing as I cannot think of an even that pulls so many people together.

Last night I met up with Kraig and Stacey. You might remember them from here and here. We went into the Historical Barn. While Kraig was talking with a woman that worked at the school we graduated from, I was taking a look at a display for the Schrumpf family farm. They are just down the road from where I live. One of the members, Laurie, was in my class. It was interesting to learn more about their family history. Most of what I know about mine comes from stories that have been randomly told. As far as I know there aren’t any journals, diaries, or old photo albums that can tell me more about the families that I come from.

Also in the barn were pictures of the King and Queens from the past. Kids twenty years from now (and probably way sooner than that) are going to look back at us and wonder what kind of warped fashion sense we had. I certainly was enjoying some of the pictures.


I didn’t know that men used to wear tiaras.


I wear my hair short. I don’t think that will be going out of style completely for a very long time.

Comments

Unknown said…
I'm really sad that I missed the fair this year. :(

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!