Tuesday, June 17, 2008

An album to hold.

I’ve never been one to go out and buy CD albums because I never really got into music before I went off to college. Whatever B99 or U93 churned out was fine with me and if I really liked a song, I would record it with a cassette (wink to Kapitano). When I got to college, I was able to—well, I’ll leave it to your imaginations… After that I downloaded using Napster and iTunes.

As for physical albums, I don’t have many. My experience has always been hit or miss with them. I scored big with Dido’s No Angel and Coldplay’s X&Y. The Killers’ Hot Fuss okay—I liked most of it but there were a number that I didn’t care for. Sting’s Brand New Day and Jon Bon Jovi’s Crush were so horrible I would have asked for a refund if store policies would have allowed it.

Coldplay’s new album Viva la Vida was released today in the United States and I think that I’m going to go ahead and get the physical copies. Even though it’s easier to just buy them through iTunes, I still will make exceptions. As Captain Picard said, it’s about the connection.

2 comments:

Sooo-this-is-me said...

An actual movie line...

You know how I know you're gay, you listen to Coldplay!

David said...

Give it a few years and that character will be me.

ND vs MSU I'm Here for It!

  One of my coworkers offered to sell me her tickets for the Notre Dame vs. Michigan State game. Of course, I took her up on the offer! With...