I wish I could write this off.

Gas hit $3.45/gal today. That's the highest I have ever seen it. Last summer it got up to $3.36/gal but today it zoomed up from $3.29 this morning. Shoot. I was running on empty that morning too. I should have filled 'er up. On the way to Wal-mart to get gas, I noticed the new prices. Pretty much all the gas stations had the same price but when I got to the Niles Wal-mart, I could see that their price was $3.25. Now I can see the pricing sign before I see the station so I just kept driving. I knew that it was going to be a mad house. And I was right. There were lines three or four cars deep with some circling out of the station. Frak that. I'd rather spend the extra buck and get my gas over at the Speedway station than put up with that load of BS, and that's exactly what I did.

Enjoy the cartoons. H/t to my friend Season. As always, click on the image to enlarge.






Comments

Anonymous said…
Fuel here in Europe costs EU1.45. That is about US$2.20. And that is per LITER! So 2.20 x 3.3 = US$7.25 per Gallon.
Wanna bike to work tomorrow together? ;-)
Sooo-this-is-me said…
I just paid $1.10 cdn per liter and it has been higher. I am just looking for room in my parking lot for the horse I going to get, or to be more fuel efficient, a donkey!
David said…
@Oscar: By the time I'd get to work, I'd have to turn around and start the journey back. I suppose that would be a good thing since I'd be all sweaty and nasty, no one would want to work with me.

@Steven: A donkey? Nah, don't you have a carpool buddy by the name of "Dave?"

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?