Why else would I watch Comedy Central at 12 in the morning?

Earlier in the week there were commercials for Mike Birbiglia's "What I Should Have Said Was Nothing" stand up comedy special on Comedy Central. I made sure to jot that down on my calendar because I wasn't going to miss it.

I first became aware of Birbiglia when I was in college. He was on one of the late night snows--Leno, I think. I found him to be hilarious. I'm not very good at describing kinds of humor, but I would say that he is dry, sarcastic, and deadpan. A lot of it deals with awkward situations which I relate to. Like he talks about, I seem to make awkward situations even worse.

Unfortunately, following him though the years has been unsatisfying. As you may know, comedians tend to use the same material over and over. If I managed to see a "new" clip of Mike, he was usually delivering jokes that I've heard before. So when I heard of this special, I was excited because I was sure that he would have new material. And he did, but there were some that I had heard before but that was minor. I enjoyed it and I was able to find some of it on YouTube. Go on, click on them.



h/t to sosajunior21 who posted them.

Comments

Kapitano said…
Would it be shallow if I said, "Hey, he's funny and so cute!"?

Oh okay. I wont say it then.
David said…
And another fan is born. :O)

Say it if you mean it.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?