The Year Ahead

Happy New Year everyone!

So I spent yesterday a bit differently than I have in the previous couple of years. I didn’t go out and I didn’t drink. Nope. I spent the day watching the Planet of the Apes marathon. Then at night my sister and I played Monopoly while watching the Family Guy mini-marathon. Since there was no Leno (I think—he may have gotten a deal like Letterman) I didn’t bother staying up to see the ball drop. To be honest, it’s not exactly a thrilling event. Wahoo, a lighted ball came down and now we have to sing some song that very few know the lyrics to. And those that do, probably don’t know what it means.

My parents went out to a party. After over ten years of living in this country, my Mom has started mingling with the local Filipino community—like, all ten of them. It makes me glad because she’s not spending her days working and then coming home to tend to that. Bonus for me: she always brings me back leftovers. I love Filipino parties; they expect you to take food home.

I’m not making New Year’s resolutions. I have once and like most other people who make them, I blew it. No, I just hope to try a little harder at everything I do. What will be coming up this year? Well, there’s the wedding in April. There’s a possibility of spelunking in Kentucky shortly after that as well as seeing a Broadway musical in Chicago if those damn Avenue Q tickets ever become available for sale. I’ll be taking the LSAT again in June—wish me luck. Then there is always the possibility of packing it up and moving down to Florida.

I rule at Monopoly.

Comments

Sooo-this-is-me said…
Hey David, wow are you over that wild night?
I had a crazy time chatting with you know who and also the other you know who, then the house across the field from me caught on fire from their christmas tree and I watched that for a while, so I guess my night was not much better.

Happy New Year!
Steven
David said…
Make it up on St. Patrick's. :-)
John Provis said…
Happy new year to you also... and I'm with you on the new year's resolutions, they're rarely worth the paper they're written on (even when they're not written down).

I have to suggest the weather in Florida would definitely be a step in the right direction, even if the whole place is full of retirees driving Winnebagos...
Anonymous said…
Why Florida, hen? Do you know people there? Florida seems so passe to me; do you really want to live there? I was just reading about Michigan's dire economy in regards to the upcoming primary. I was hoping for a a political post on your site, but surprisingly there isn't one. Take care.

-Moncrief
David said…
Hey Moncrief! Long time no see. No really...

So yes, Florida. One of my friends lives down there so I can move in with her and one other person. I don't know if I want to take the leap of faith but it's mighty tempting. Although I was finally able to land a full time job, it's still doesn't pay enough for me to be independent. It's no lie when they say that Michigan is the worst off state in the nation. Southwest Michigan is, last time I heard, the worst off part of the state.

As for the political post, you arrived to early! I've mentioned a little bit of it on the past but I was planning for one concerning the primary on Sunday or so since our vote date is on Tuesday.

So c'mon back!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?