What gift is better than cash?

My cousin, Jessica sent me a text the other day warning me to be on the lookout for a package. She and her family were here a couple weeks ago on a visit. I assumed that they had forgotten one of my gifts and were sending it to me through the mail. They had brought me shirts and that was cool but I thought that there may have been some personal items that they had forgotten. You see, my sister got our mom's old jewelry box. I was wondering if there might be some other items that might have been shipped over since Nanay passed away last year (posts here and here). To tell the truth, I don't think I could handle having some of that stuff being returned. It'd seem like the last string that binds me to that land would have been snipped. No more family left.

The did send me another shirt but fortunately there was nothing that would threaten to bring me to tears. Instead they sent me money. When they were last here, I showed them the collection of Filipino cash that I kept from my last visit. I also showed them the other money that I had collected. It must have made an impression because my Aunt sent me what she kept. I was stunned that she was giving it to me.

A One Dollar Silver Certificate from the 1920's. It's so fragile, I'm afraid of handling it.

Now here's two just for Steven:
One Canadian Dollar with George VI, the last King of Canada.

Another One with the current Queen of Canada but looking a lot younger.

There was also a CAN$5 from the 70's, Two Bahamian dollar bills as well as, a number of Jeffersons.

If you have some foreign cash that you want to get rid of, I'll be more than happy to take it off your hands. :-)

Comments

Sooo-this-is-me said…
WOW!!!!!!O_O I don't think anyone I know around my age, ever saw a bill with King George on it, that is old man! I have one of the Queen... somewhere? Keep in mind that there are no more one or two dollar bills anymore, they are in coins now. Yes it is a pain but they last longer so it saves tax dollars from constantly replacing them.

Me too, if anyone wants to give me cash I'll take it and they can be new bills as well, I'm not picky! ;)

Steven
john said…
Wow--that's awesome!! Quite a collector's item.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?