No iPhone Mark II?

I've made no secret about my fascination with Apple and its siren call leading me away from Microsoft. I was looking forward to what would be announced at the Macworld Expo. That way I could calculate how much money I should tuck away each month until next September or so. The answer is $0.

The big feature is the Macbook Air, a super thin (3/4 inch) laptop computer that's going to sell for USD$1800. From what I've read, it's a fair deal in comparison to like models. But I'm not into small computers now. Maybe if I had a job that required me to be mobile, I could see about looking into it but naaah, I want a jumbo computer with all the bells and whistles which would cost me about the same amount of money. If I buy an IBM clone that is.

The next thing that got my attention was the addition of new features to the iPhone as well as the iPod Touch. I've thought that my iPod Touch was a bit bare on the features. But, hey, it was ten steps above my previous MP3 player so I wasn't really complaining. Some of the new features that Apple is coming out with are e-mail, maps, notes, and the ability to customize the home screen. The upgrade costs twenty bucks and is totally not worth it in my opinion. About the only thing that I would have any use for is Notes. But, I can easily make lists in the Calendar application that I already have.

There were a few other things mentioned such as movie rentals through iTunes and back up storage devices but I barely gave those things a glance. I'm just glad that they didn't come out with a new iPod that would make me want to kick myself. But you never know... they might announce that tomorrow.

Oh well Apple. I'll come back and visit sometime in 2009.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?