Piece of Cake meme

I know, "another meme?" There's another one on they way. But this one I got from Chad over at Cake or Death? It might give you some small idea on what I think on some issues. Hope that something more interesting happens in my life soon.

1. If you had to choose between being a vegetarian for the rest of your life, or eating nothing but meat the rest of your life, what would you do?

Death please.

2. Do you believe in Global Warming?

Sure but I don’t believe that it is such a life-or-death issue. Depending on how you look at it, the period we live in now is warmer or colder than other periods of Earth’s history. This idea of “normal” climate that we must preserve is ludicrous. It is the abnormal period of warmth between ice ages. Warmer, colder, humans have and will adapt.

3. Republican, Democrat, Independent, Anarchist, Terrorist. . . Which party do you believe in?

Considering there’s really only two parties listed… I would have to say that most of what I believe in falls within the Republican party. Lately, their behavior hasn’t given me much faith in them which is why I will probably be casting a protest vote next year for the Libertarian candidates.

4. Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

When it comes down to it. It would fall under pro-choice. However, I would say choose life. I recognize that there are situations where a woman would have a very good reason to abort. Self-harm, incest, and rape. Like many others, I don’t like how people are willing to use abortion as a means of birth control. I would hope that people put the welfare of an unborn child over the need to correct a mistake.

5. Would you date/marry someone of a different race? Would you adopt a child of a different race?

Yes. I don’t really have a choice in the matter. There are very few like me.

6. Yankees or Red Sox?

Yuck. Baseball. Neither. But the closest team that I would come to being a fan of would be the Cubs.

7. Do you think same-sex unions should be legalized?

Yes. Call it marriage or civil unions, or whatever. Going further, I don't believe this is a state issue. Given that citizens are supposed to be free to move about the country with a minimum of fuss, I think that having states recognizing marriage contracts and states that don't is impractical.

8. Stem Cell Research. . . Aye or Nay?

Yes. It's not necessary to create embryos to harvest stem cells, however.

9. Will you spank your children?

Yes.

10. Do you think the U.S. should make English its official language?

Tell you what. I'll give you English if I can have the old national motto back.

11. Do you consider yourself "religious?" Do you think people who don't belong to your religion are going to be punished for their disbelief?

Although I do appreciated religious rites, I'd have to say that I'm more spiritual. Like a good Protestant, my faith is between me and the guy upstairs.

12. Do you think Homeless people "did it to themselves" or are "unfortunate?" Would you give a Homeless person money? Would you support euthanasia of the Homeless if it was brought up in Congress?

There's a lot of reasons why people are on the streets. Many of them made bad decisions and continue to do so. If you don't believe me, ask anyone who works at a shelter. I have given a homeless person money before but it's not often that I run into them where I live, work and hang. And no, I wouldn't support euthanizing them. What kind of a question is that?

13. If your family was starving, would you steal to provide for them? Would you steal for fun?

I'd probably be capable of doing a lot more if my family were in need. And I wouldn't steal for fun because I've got better things to enjoy.

14. If someone murdered your loved one, would you murder them?

In an act of rage immediately after the crime, I'd have to say that would be a safe bet. But afterwards, probably not. Although I probably would ask the police to let me be alone with the murderer so that we could "talk."

15. If your significant other hit you, would you stay with them? Do you think it's okay to hit your loved ones?

I don't think that abuse is okay and I wouldn't tolerate it being done to me.

16. Have you ever cheated on someone? Do you think cheating is an inevitable response to animal biology, or a moral lack of character?

I have not cheated on anyone. While people may point out that men are wired to cheat, I believe that most of us are able to control such animal instincts.

17. War in Iraq. . . Aye or Nay? Would you feel differently if you had a loved one in the military?

I was aye at the beginning. If I had known then what I know now, it would have been nay. But since we are there, we've got to do something. So I guess it would be aye.

18. Bush. . . Friend or Foe?

I'd go with more of a friend. His heart is in the right place. But intentions aren't everything.

19. Hillary Clinton. . . Friend or Foe?

Foe. If she wins the presidency, I'd be worried about the agendas she'd come up with.

20. Barack Obama. . . Friend or Foe?

Foe for the same reasons as nineteen but he seems to be like a friendly guy.

21. Do you think alternative means of childbirth/conception, (i.e. in vitro, surrogate mothers, test tube), are okay?

Yes.

22. Should Britney Spears have her children taken away?

Well, they have. I don't follow the Spears stories enough to care.

23. Do you support the U.S. Space Program? Do you believe in aliens?

Yes on both counts. It would be nice to know what kind of benefits we are getting from the research though.

24. Do you think cloning is okay?

What kind of cloning are talking about? If it's to create new life, then no. Cloning tissues and organs, I can buy into.

25. Do you think marijuana should be legalized? If marijuana were legalized, would you smoke? Would you stop being friends with someone due to smoking marijuana?

It should not be legalized. I would not smoke it if it was legalized. I haven't stopped being friends with those who do drugs but I don't hang out with them either.

26. Would you try any drug besides marijuana? Would you stop being friends with someone due to drug use?

I would not try any drug including marijuana. I have stopped being friends due to drug use. I wasn't willing to be pulled into that shit.

27. Do you believe in Capital Punishment? Would your opinion change if you or a loved one were convicted of 1st degree murder?

I do not believe in capital punishment. However, I am accepting of it in other states where it is used. Should a proposal ever appear on the ballot for Michigan to adopt capital punishment, I would vote no. My opinion would not change if a loved one or I were convicted of first degree murder or any other crime where the death penalty is an option.

28. Do you think the government was involved in the attacks on 9/11?

No. Serving any interests that a conspiracy nut could come up with would easily be debunked by showing it would have been easier for the government to go with another plan.

29. Do you think there should be international disarmament of nuclear weapons?

No. Pandora's box has been opened.

30. Gun Control. . . Aye or Nay?

Usually "gun control" should be read as "ban on guns" which I don't support. There are laws on the books that is gun control. I am supportive of gun control but I don't believe that the government can completely take a person's right to own a firearm.

31. Do you think the American prison rehabilitation system works? Would you hire an ex-con?

Our prisons don't work because they aren't allowed to work. Before you get all jumpy consider the work programs that are always gutted. These programs would allow inmates to learn skills that could get them into the workforce once they are released. But people then start complaining that by making prisoners work and earn their keep is virtually slave labor and is unfair competition in the work force. Cry me a fucking river. The best we can get out of our prisoners is stamping license plates? C'mon. They deserve better and so do we. And the answer to the question is maybe if I'm desperate.

32. Does Paris deserve to go to jail? Do you drunk drive?

Paris did deserve to go to jail. Do you write drunk?

33. Plastic Surgery. . . Aye or Nay?

If you have the money, knock yourself out but don't go crying to me when you cheeks go droopy and your nose caves in.

34. Do you think that those living below the poverty line are "lazy" or that it is a "social construct" which causes their situation?

Your "social construct" decides where you start in life and can be a limit to your social mobility but success is not ruled out because of it.

35. Nature or Nurture?

Of what? Either one depending what is asked.

36. Do you think women's liberation is the cause of the "deterioration" of the American family?

No. I blame it on a society where selfishness is encouraged and responsibilities ignored.

37. PETA. . . Aye or Nay?

Nay.

38. When you see an animal in the road, do you swerve or keep driving? Do you believe that animals have "souls"?

If it's big enough to damage my car, I'll try to avoid.
I don't believe that animals have souls otherwise I probably wouldn't eat them.

39. Would you burn down part of the rain forest to plant crops? What if it was your only source of food?

Settlers to Michigan felled virtually the entire state of trees to plant crops so if the situation called for it, I probably would.

Comments

john said…
This isn't the meme you wanted me to do right? So much thinking to do if it is.
David said…
^No. That will be a picture based one. I haven't been able to start that one out yet. Time, weather, no makeup handy.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?