Me? Nekkid?

I was talking with a coworker the other day and she told me that she takes art classes up in St. Joe. They use nude subjects. I was teasing her about this and that and I asked what she thought if I volunteered to be one of the subjects. She told me that I should, "totally do it." However she didn't want to draw me because then she would feel weird as she already knows me.

I've been thinking about the idea. Part of me actually wants to do it. It'd be an experience that few people try. It'd be interesting to see how others view me and how they would portray me in their media. That is--if they don't demand refunds from the instructor for not getting a quality subject for them!

While I probably will not be shedding my clothes for a crowd in the near future, I have been thinking about asking if I can go to her class. I think it is time take out my old pencils and drawing pads from storage and start using them again. Believe it or not, I used to draw all the time. I wouldn't say that I was talented but I did enjoy it. Still life was something safe I could do but trying to draw people was something I always wanted to do. I stopped my art work when I got a job during my sophomore year of high school. It was also the last year that I took art class. Now I'm a bit afraid to find out how much my skills have rusted over the years.

This evening, I have bought some charcoal sticks.

Comments

Sooo-this-is-me said…
So if you do pose nude, are you going to post the drawings here? Double dare you!!! Hahaha! I feel uncomfortable being nude in the shower so art students looking at me is waaaaay out of the question! ; )

Steven.
David said…
I dunno. If this blog had a feature where only people I trusted could see it then I would have no problem.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?