There was a call earlier this afternoon on the purple phone. Mom picked it up. Why she picked up the purple phone is beyond me. No one ever is supposed to pick up that phone but she did. I walk into the living room and she is just sitting there with the receiver on her ear. She's not speaking. She waves me over and hands it to me.
...democrats...blah, blah...republicans...taxes...blah, blah...contributions...
Thanks Ma.
Yes mom let a solicitor into our home via the dreaded purple phone and I got stuck with the call. You see, us Midwestern folk in general are far too polite to slam the phone on a caller so I waited until she paused (she's got a helluva set of lungs) before I said, "I'm sorry but we don't give political contributions."
Without skipping a beat she reiterated her spiel about how Democrats were responsible for the tax increases and that the Republicans need real leadership and that by contributing to MIGOP we could help bring back a Republican majority in the House. I wished I could have said something smart about the party putting jack asses on the ticket (DeVos) and bringing up the fact that Republicans, including my own state senator, voted for those tax increases.
I've washed my hands and I'm not touching either party for the foreseeable future.
Sorry, I've got to put that money towards paying my new share of taxes. Have a nice day. Bye. CLICK*
*actually, it's more of a Kah-shluck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
ND vs MSU I'm Here for It!
One of my coworkers offered to sell me her tickets for the Notre Dame vs. Michigan State game. Of course, I took her up on the offer! With...
-
A few obnoxious teens came into the store today that reminded me to tell the world: I hate popped collars. Seriously, I think that the guys ...
-
Wow, Tyler Whitney is popping up all over the gay blogging circuit but the rest of America doesn’t care. Mr. Whitney is an 18 year old staf...
-
In every election I’ve voted in, polls in Michigan open at 7am and stay open until 8pm. I thought that I would go and vote when the polls o...
No comments:
Post a Comment