Vacation. It's what I really want.

In the late 80's I was living in Key West, Florida. My dad had decided that it was time for me to meet my grandparents. I had met them before but now I was old enough to actually remember it. So he and I went, leaving my mom because she couldn't get off work. As we were leaving Georgia he asked me if I wanted to visit Mammoth Cave since it was on the way to Michigan. At first, I was excited about it and said yes. I had never been in a cave before and with a name like "Mammoth" it has to be good. The longer I had to think on it, however, the more I got freaked. I was imagining a large cave that would swallow me whole (because now "mammoth" seemed more like "mouth"). So when he asked me again, I said no and we ended up driving by it. I regretted chickening out but I made it there eventually on one of our first vacations with my new step mom.

The other night I was having a drink with Dusty and he told me that he had accepted an offer from GE. So he will be moving down to Louisville after graduation this December. Big congrats to him. He invited me down to see him and listed the various things that we could do there. If everything goes right (Pfizer, a job offer, enough savings, etc.), we're going to try and make a visit to Mammoth Cave, probably on some three day weekend. I want to try out the longer cave hikes and he wants to go spelunking. Think we can get in some whitewater rafting and skydiving in?

Mammoth Cave National Park
Kentucky Department of Tourism

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!