Finding Music

We all know that Microsoft is evil but so is Apple! They are tempting me to cross over to the dark side... from the dark side. Hmmm... how does that work? Anyways, I really wanted an iPhone but the price and the AT&T contract pretty much sunk it for me. But now comes the iPod Touch. Ooooh. I was this || close to buying one over the internet the day they did a story on it. This || close. Unfortunately for them my VISA bills were on my computer desk reminding me that I still owe them a couple thousand dollars. I did my best to suppress that little voice in my head that said, "What's $300 more?" Anyone who is planning on upgrading, I'll gladly take in your old iPod. :)

On a related subject, I don't listen to much radio music anymore. Since high school, really, I have lost interest in the latest pop music. You have those damn Backstreet Boys, Brittney Spears, and their clones to thank for that. So much of it seemed to be the same and there really wasn't much variety playing on the airwaves. I used to listen to U93 all the time and thought that they kept a good number of songs playing. Although they were a pop hits station, they managed to cycle in good songs that used to be popular and deeded to be dusted. Now, it seems like it's the same shit over and over again.

For a brief time, I listened to internet radio. I tuned in to radio stations in Europe because they provided some hing different. It was music that I never heard before and a lot of times it was so much different than the American stuff that I savored it. Now that I've got high(er) speed internet, I can listen to internet radio once more and the other night I did just that using iTunes. (I used to use Windows Media Player but that's gotten to be way too much of a hassle to bother with.) I listened to the Bear Radio network, a GLBT station out of San Francisco. That was a hoot. But the one I wish I had paid attention to was this one station that plays hit music from the 90's and today from the Americas and Europe.

One of the great things that I've noticed about many of these stations is that they provide song info on what is currently playing. If you like the song, you can jot down the info and look it up. I did just that with a song by Eros Ramazzotti. Apparently he's a big star in the Latin world. I've never heard of him but I like his song Cosa Della Vita. So I looked it up on YouTube. I found a clip of him and Tina Turner. I know, I probably should have found the version of him only to show his talent only, but c'mon it's Tina Turner. She's hot. Yes, I said that.



Although it sounds like a lot of songs from the 90's, I would have at the time, found this to be quite refreshing. It's too bad that local radio stations are largely confined to 1.)Public (where you find news, classical, and jazz), 2.)Pop Hits/Alternative, 3.)Oldies, 4.)Classic Rock, 5.) Country ,6.)Easy Listening and 7.)Christian. Maybe if you live near a city you can get a little extra.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?