Me? Patient?

Ask any of my family members if a I am a patient person and they would probably laugh. But when it comes to certain things that I know are beyond my control, I do stay calm and collected when many others would loose their tops. Yesterday I went to Master Cuts in the mall for a haircut. It had been a couple months since the last time I had it cut and I was getting tired of actually having to comb it. So I get there and there are two workers each busy with a customer. A teenage boy is sitting next to his mother who is getting her hair colored. He was waiting for his turn for a perm. (I did not know that guys got perms but whatever.) Ahead of me was another guy. I put my name down on the sheet at 1:55. Mostly because of dye lady and perm boy, I did not end up getting into the chair until 4:00. To be fair, the girl working repeatedly told me that I was going to have a long wait. Well, I had nothing to do. The guy in front of me got pissy and left so I was next on the list. I could wait it out. After being stuck in an airport for half a day, this was nothing.

So you might be asking, why the hell I would wait so long for a cut. Well, originally it was supposed to be a 45 minute wait. But after that long of waiting, what was a little more? In for a penny, in for a pound. When my turn finally came up, they were very nice and apologetic. And when I was ready to pay, they asked me if I had a punch card. I did and so they gave me 3 additional punches. In addition they gave me $15 in coupons for their haircuts. It just goes to show that not only does patience pay off but still being a nice and interactive customer can only work in your favor.

Whenever I get my haircut, I insist on regulation cut just like this one. I'm not a fan of long hair. I like running my fingers over bristly hair rather than through it. Not to mention it's low maintenance.






*photo is pulled off the net and not anyone I actually know

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!