It's a small blog world.

<--See also: Leave pyramids to the Egyptians.

I have a file that lists blogs that I've come across that I have found a tad bit interesting. If it looks like it might be worth a further read and if it looks like it is updated fairly regularly, it might go on that list. Very few blogs on that list will get comments from me. (There are some on the blogroll that don't see me very often either.) But--every now and then, I bring up the list and see if anything interesting has been written.

Guess whose website I've had for quite a while now and didn't even know it. Yup, it's J___ the guy that is involved with the pyramid scheme. I soooo want to give you a link but to it but I would feel bad letting you all see him and read his stuff--which is mostly poetry. It's like pointing to a zoo animal and putting him on display for inspection. I'd feel bad about it. And then if one of you actually wrote something on his blog about the scheme, I would probably want to crawl into a hole and die of embarrassment.

His last entry which is dated a little over a week ago said that he had a "new purpose" and that he would be offline for a while. Skimming through his archives, he seems to be interested in a lot of history and philosophical issues and then tying them into current events. But I have to question his critical thinking. I am wondering if what he does is regurgitate much of what his professors have to say or if he actually synthesized his conclusions on his own. Personally, I found some of his stuff to be alarmist. Hugo Chavez I can see being rising dictator, George W. Bush--not so much. Sorry, unless Bush is still President at 12:01pm on January 20, 2009, I'll tend to think that he isn't Adolf Hitler reincarnated.

I'll check back in a couple months. I'm hoping to see a post that goes something along these lines: "I am such a dope. Someone smack some sense in me the next time I sign up for some idiotic program."

Comments

Luke said…
While GW Bush is not Hitler, a dictator not necessarily kill millions of people or be in power very long. A dictator could be in power a short period of time as long as they exhibit the typical traits: "In modern usage, the term 'dictator' is generally used to describe a leader who holds an extraordinary amount of personal power, especially the power to make laws without effective restraint by a legislative assembly."
David said…
With all due respect, that argument doesn't hold much water. You can use it to describe governments that are strong Presidential systems. Also to an extent to Parlimentary systems where the prime minster effectively controls the legislature (of course you could argue against that with votes of no confidence but that's a whole other post). With George Bush, it still doesn't hold as he still operates under restraint. Congress still not only retains the power of the purse but it's controlled by the oposition. When I speak of dictators, they are people who are removing the tools of check. Chavez is a rising dicatator because the Venezuelan legislature is removing themselves as a check on his power. You can argue Putin is rising as one too because he's placing media (a non-governmental check) under his control.
Luke said…
I also do not believe GW Bush is a rising dictator, but I can clearly see where your blogger was coming from and I figured I'd give you some insight.

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!

Meet Bob