Feel like having a blueberry desert?

The cake that I made for the Michigan-Notre Dame game turned out to be a hit with the crowd. At first it looked like no one was going to go for it but when I left there were only a few squares left. I got compliments from strangers after asking if I made it. So I’m all puffed up now. Here’s the recipe if you’d like to try it:

Blueberry Topping Cake

Cake:
  • 1 Pint blueberries (not the tiny Maine ones)
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 Cups all purpose flour
  • 2 Tsp baking powder
  • 1 Cup sugar
  • ½ Cup milk (I used 2%)
  • 1 Tsp vanilla
  • 1/3 Cup canola oil

Beat eggs and sugar. Mix in flour and baking powder and milk until smooth. Add oil and vanilla and mix well. Put in a 13” X 9”. Add blueberries and fold in with spatula. Topping goes on next.

Cake Topping:
  • ½ Cup sugar (I used brown which I think is better)
  • 4 Tbsp butter
  • 1 Tsp cinnamon
  • ¼ Cup flour

Mix ingredients together. It should be crumbly. Sprinkle to cover.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 40 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Meet Bob

Am I financing? Bwah ha ha ha!