I've waited a year. 1 month more won't kill me.

<---See Also: Movies

I was talking about the new Transformers movie that is coming out with my sister. She told me that Wonderland Cinema (the local movie theater) won't get it on opening day. She heard from one of her friends who heard from one of his friends that works there, that an issue had cropped up between the theater and Paramount Pictures. I don't know if it's true but the story is that Paramount wanted Wonderland to raise their prices. Wonderland said they would not. Paramount then decided to delay the distribution of their movies to Wonderland.

If it turns out that this is true, then good for Wonderland. They provide such a value that Niles gets people coming in as far away as Elkhart, Indiana. Why? Because they are dirt cheap. It's a bare bones operation and is probably why they are able to sell tickets at $3.50 ($2.50 for matinées). Compare that to Movies 14, Showplace 16, and Celebration which charge about $7.00. At Wonderland, I get away with a movie, popcorn, and drink for about $5.25--less than the admission price of the others! If they are fighting to keep that going, then I commend them. It keeps me coming back. The only times I go to those other theaters are when they show lower profile films. Hot Fuzz and Brokeback Mountain are the only ones that come to mind.

I'll wait for the delayed movies.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello!
I didn't know even that there will be a new transformers movie!
David said…
Hey there. I was excited when I heard about it last year. I loved the original (Gen 1). I heard that they considered G.I. Joe but decided against it considering current events.

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?