To K-zoo and WMU

Yesterday, wanting to get out of the house and avoid the job search and LSAT prep for one day, I tagged along with my sister up to Kalamazoo. She had to go back to campus for a meeting. While she was off doing that, I spent time in the library with an internet connection so fast I wanted to cry. Then I set off to do some site seeing of the campus. I didn’t get far before my sister called me. Her meeting was done rather quickly. After finding each other, I had her walk me around the campus. Here are some pictures that I took.
The Seal of Western Michigan University. I don’t know if they have a superstition about this—I suspect they do—but you’d probably do yourself a world of hurt if you step on this seal.

The tower of the insane asylum.

The Rocks. At least I assume that’s what the Broncos call them. MSU has something similar which we call The Rock. MSU’s rock is about four feet or taller by now and is rumored to have started off as the size of a tombstone. Not that hard to believe when the dang things gets painted practically every night during school.

I thought that this was cool. Oddly placed but cool.
Ah, our Dad does not like this statue. So much so, that he gets a physical reaction in the form of shiver. Turns out that he doesn’t like having a man’s face in the crotch of another man.

“Questions, concerns, comments?”

Comments

Moncrief Speaks said…
Sweetness, do you have any goals to move elsewhere? I hope you are saving money and making long-range goals for yourself.
David said…
^
My goals are to find a job and to do the best I can on the LSAT which is coming up shortly. Although my main focus is around here, I'm looking to the Lansing and Grand Rapids areas of Michigan. Also, I'm looking at relocation to Jacksonville, Chicago, Louisville, The Twin Cities, and Milwaukee. It's not terribly focused on the long-term, just to get out on my own and live securely and comfortably.
Anonymous said…
I have to say everything's very beautiful there!
David said…
^
I completely agree!

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?