Still Cool Here


The other day it was hot as hell in Niles. Actually, it wasn’t that hot but it was warm enough that when I got in my car, I used the air conditioning. That day, I had to print off my resumes and cover letters for some court positions that opened up. The Niles library has a laser printer which is better than using the ink jet one at home. The district, circuit, and probate courts each needed to clerk so I am hoping that I’ll get one of them. Applications needed to be handed into the personnel department at the admin building. Since the county seat in Saint Joseph, I had to make the drive up there. When I left Niles, it was warm but when I opened my door up in Saint Joseph, the outside air was cooler than the air inside my car. That’s how much of a temperature drop there was moving towards Lake Michigan. Before heading back inland, I went to the beach to enjoy nature’s free air conditioning. If your beach plans did not include getting into the water, then that day was a great day to go.

It will still be a while before the Lake is warm enough to swim in. But I’ll be in there as soon as I can. I couldn’t spend enough time there last summer. Given the gas prices, I probably won’t be going there as often unless I can get some people to chip in. Don’t worry, I’ll be sure to find someone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet Bob

Be fruitful and multiply...by ten.

Whatever happened to the Queer Golden Rule?